- The Art of Leather Puppetry is an ancient folk art of Andhra Pradesh, India. The process of this art is done traditionally using naturally available material, natural dye colors as well as iron frames. This professional art is being made by artists using traditional tools with skilled workmanship, by designing the pictures and designs on leather and then dying with beautiful colors. The carving, holing and crafting as well as designing on leather give looks like living things. Nearly 150 types of items are made in this village as household activity and marketed in local and outside markets. The origin of this craft is the Art of Tholu Bommalata which is the traditional cultural art of the region and was displayed in the streets when there were no dramas or films for entertainment and was honored and encouraged by the Kings of that time.
- The perforation executed on the colored leather produces rich ornamentation against a lit backdrop, creating a warm, welcoming setting.
- This unique leather puppetry has been handcrafted by State Award-winning artist- D Venkataramana and may have slight irregularities in color. Some amount of wear and tear is unavoidable during the process of crafting the product and attests to the product's authenticity. This product does not come with a bulb or bulb holder.
- SHIPPING INFO: Dispatched in a maximum of 3 business days. This item is not eligible for return. Cancellation requests will be accepted strictly within 24 hours of placing the order only.
- MEASUREMENTS: Diameter - 8.6in, Height - 17.2in
- COLOR: Multicolor
- WEIGHT (GRAMS): 362
- MATERIAL(S): Leather
- CARE: Wipe with soft dry clot